The Inn at Riverwalk is proud to present a one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime experience this December 26th called Ski with Tess. What is it? A chance to ski with an Olympic mogul skier!
If you’re a competitive skiing fan who isn’t familiar with The Inn’s Resident Athlete, Tess Johnson, you will be soon! Tess was born and raised in the Vail Valley and was named to the U.S. Olympic ski team at just 14 years old. A mogul skier, Tess went to the 2018 Olympics and won her first World Cup at 17 years old, and she’s just getting started.
This young woman has immense passion for all she does in life. You could say she keeps busy training almost year-round to get ready for competitions, volunteering with local organizations such as Girl PowerHER Youth 365, and spending time with The Inn at Riverwalk guests when she’s in town.
Tess and The Inn have hosted some awesome events in the past but Ski with Tess is sure to be our best yet. Who wouldn’t want to spend the day getting pointers and having a blast with an Olympic skier on Beaver Creek Mountain?
When: December 26, 2019
- Session 1 Easy Breezy Morning: 8:30 am – 11:30 am (see requirements below)
- Session 2 Mogul Madness: 1 pm - 4 pm (see requirements below)
Who can attend?: Inn at Riverwalk guests staying over the holiday season
Cost: Free for hotel guests
- Professional Photographer Chris Powell will be documenting the fun. Photos will be made available to guests, free of charge.
- Beaver Creek Ski Instructor will be along for the ride and available to provide direction and encouragement wherever needed.
Participant Requirements: All participants must possess a valid Beaver Creek Mountain ski pass. This can be a season or day pass but it must be purchased in advance of your session.
- Session 1: Must possess at least level 4 or 5 skills, meaning you are comfortable on greens and blues, have a solid understanding of parallel turns, and can manage a bit of ungroomed terrain. Must be 8 years or older.
- Session 2: Must possess at least level 6 or 7 skills, meaning you can handle varied terrain, head down a semi-groomed black slope without issue, and are ready to learn some mogul skills. Must be 10 years or older.
Optional transportation is provided via the hotel shuttle. You can also meet us at the mountain at the scheduled session start time. For the morning session, the shuttle departs the hotel at 8 am and returns by 12 pm. For the afternoon session, the shuttle departs the hotel at 12 pm and returns by 4:30 pm. If you want to keep skiing or head to apres after your session, you are welcome to stay in Beaver Creek Village rather than take the shuttle back to the hotel.
Sign Up: Spots for this event are extremely limited, so we recommend signing up as soon as possible. You can do so by reserving your free ticket on our Eventbrite event page. (Links below). Please note participants are limited to one session. Be sure to sign up for the correct session!
Questions? Contact Melinda Ferris (970) 926-0606 or email@example.com